Sunday, November 6, 2011

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

At the General Relief Society Broadcast for the sister's of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave a talk referencing the forget-me-not flower. He took the five pedals of the flower and gave each something we should all remember, not just the women. "First, forget not to be patient with yourself. Second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice. Third, forget not to be happy now. Fourth, forget not the 'why' of the gospel. And fifth, forget not that the Lord love you." I loved his talk a lot. The section that hit me while listening was to be patient with myself. There are so many times I feel down on myself for not getting everything done I should or giving myself un-reachable goals sometimes. As I read it again, his fifth point took a stand. Forget not that the Lord loves you. In this part, he talks about how we may feel alone of forgotten. Then he says this: "You are not forgotten...wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He love you with an infinite love."

What a wonderful message. If you'd like to read it just click here. I liked it so much, I made this:

No comments:

Post a Comment