We did it...we're in the biggest state in the United States of America...Texas. When they say everything is bigger in Texas, they mean it. They even have "Texas Edition" trucks and SUV's!!! It's crazy, the city of San Antonio is also big enough to have acres where there are no buildings, just trees...Mark and I are still getting used to the big bad city without the feel of the big bad city. So far we've enjoyed our stay here. Our apartment is SPACIOUS even with furniture (we got it yesterday). Tyler loves the extra area to play in. Texas also has country/state pride like I have never seen. There is either an American Flag or a Texan Flag or both within a 3 block radius (you'll never forget what state or country you're if you come to texas) To prove the point, the hotel we stayed at on the way down had a Texas shaped waffel iron....that's right, we literally ate the state of Texas for breakfast (Tyler loved it...he's getting to like mommy & daddy's food a whole lot better than his "icky" baby food).
Mark like working for USAA so far (today is his third day so it can't be that bad). We are adjusting the heat & humidity fairly well...mostly inside all day. They are "maintaining" the pool this week so Tyler and I can't start to be "pool rats" just yet.
I've been talking so many pictures and am excited to show them....and you ask "well, where are they?" Well, in all my excitement, I forgot that my digital camera doesn't have a computer cable. So, for the time being, I can't upload any pictures.
Tyler's birthday is in less than a week!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by...we'll probably have a BBQ in his honor and remind him about when he's older.
Congratulations to the Rockwoods on they're new home! (Smokin' deal for more space!) and to Mark's parents who are on their way to moving out of Joseph City...way to go :)
Oh and to Rob and Laura for a baby girl who will soon make here appearance (it's been a little while since the last girl was born).






No comments:
Post a Comment